Birkline Painting 281-506-0783. For all your painting needs, contact Birkline Painting of Houston, TX. Our company has been providing quality residential painting, minor repair, and pressure washing services to the Houston area since 1983. (House Painters Houston) With experienced and skilled crew, we can assure you quality workmanship at a reasonable price.
Interior and exterior painting is a service most often required in a home improvement project; so is drywall construction. (Painters Katy) Drywall construction, which is very popular for the finish construction of ceilings and interior walls, requires certain specifications and techniques. (Painter Houston) This is when you really need the services of a drywall contractor. A licensed drywall contractor in Houston, Texas has to have well-experienced and highly-skilled crew to guarantee meeting such specifications and deliver quality workmanship.
Drywall refers to the method of constructing ceilings and interior walls using wallboard or gypsum board (commonly called drywall panels). (Painters Humble) A good drywall contractor in Houston only has to provide two of its experienced men to drywall an entire house in just one or two days. (House Painters Katy) Again, experienced drywallers have to follow certain specifications while using some of the latest drywall construction techniques.
Drywall panel specifications:
In the United States, (Paint House Houston) drywall construction requires the following specs of the panels:
* Width: 4 feet (1.2192 meters)
* Length: Depends on the application
* Thicknesses: 1/4 in. (6.35 mm); 3/8 in. (9.525 mm); 1/2 in. (12.7 mm); 5/8 in. (15.875 mm); and 1 in. (25.4 mm)
In case of fire-resistance rating requirement, the 1/2 inch- or 5/8 inch-thick panels are used. Also, the 5/8 inch-thick panels are used for additional mass to reduce sound transmission.
At least five other drywall panel types are available in Houston and throughout the United States:
1. Blue board – This is made of a skim coat finish, which provides for strong resistance against water and mold.
2. Green board – (Painter Katy) This is made of an oil-based additive that provides resistance against moisture. Hence, it is commonly used in areas in a home where the level of humidity is always high, such as in washrooms.
3. Cement board – This offers greater water resistance compared to green board, and is thus more commonly used in showers. (Drywall Houston) It is also often used as a base for ceramic tile.
4. White board – This is the most regularly used type of drywall panel. It comes in 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) and 3/4 inch (19.05 mm) thicknesses, and is popular for its stiffness.
5. Ceiling board – Compared to regular white board, this panel type is significantly stiffer, although it comes only in 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) thickness. Alternatively, this type is also called controlled density board.
Drywall construction techniques, tools, and other materials:
Professional drywall installers use several techniques, (House Painter Houston) from cutting the panels to the desired sizes to finishing the joints and covering the nailheads. Cutting techniques require expert use of certain tools, such as a large T-square and a utility knife. (Interior Painting Houston) Where small features – such as holes for light switches and outlets – are required, a keyhole or jab saw is used. Drywall fasteners (for fixing the panels to the wall structure) include glue, nails, screws, or clips.
Several layers of drywall compound are used to conceal the seams between drywall sheets. Holes or other defects are also covered using this compound. (Painting Contractors Houston) The entire wall is usually skim coated for a better finish. (Exterior Painting Houston) There are 5 levels of drywall finish which are used by contractors as their bases for choosing the right labor and materials.
All these and more can be accomplished by the best of drywall contractors in Houston at a reasonable price. (Drywall Katy) Your choice for one should be confined among only those that offer free estimates.