Orlando International Airport welcomes over 50 million tourists every year with the city serving as a gateway to several gold-standard theme parks and destinations, most notably: Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort. Because of the high volume of visitors, especially during peak season, you need to take note of the following transportation options:
• Airport Shuttle (Orlando Port Canaveral Transportation) is a complimentary service available at the main terminal and departs every five minutes. Passengers are transferred to and from the remote parking lot and off-site car rental establishments.
• Private or Hotel shuttle can be arranged with the hotel you are booked in. Otherwise, hotel reservation officers are available around the arrival lounge and can arrange a courtesy pick-up for you.
• Public or Ground Transfer (Orlando Port Canaveral Transportation) is accessible to all airline passengers via the Lynx Bus. Bus routes within the vicinity include Downtown Orlando, Apopka, and International Drive. By taking connecting rides, you can also get to business districts, shopping centers, and residential areas. Bus fare is $2 per person. The Lynx can take you to the Amtrak and Greyhound stations.
• Taxi services provide five-passenger vehicles and vans that can carry up to nine riders. Taxicab companies (Jacksonville International Airport Transportation) at the airport are Ace Metro, Town and Country, Diamond Cab, Star Taxi, and Yellow Cab. These operate 24 hours every day can be booked on the spot or 12 hours before schedule.
• Shuttle Van (Orlando 1 Limo) is a group shared service that can transport individuals and families to a common destination. Mears and Town and Country provide this service and require reservations to be placed at least 24 hours before arrival. Walk-up customers are not entertained because taxicabs are available on-site.
• Out-of-town Shuttles (Orlando Limo) provide transportation to major destinations in Lake and Marion Counties in the Northwest, Highlands and Polk Counties in the Southwest, Alachua, Flagler and Volusia Counties in the Northeast, and the beaches in Brevard County in the Southeast. Shuttle companies (Jacksonville International Airport Transportation) require early reservations because not all destinations are serviced regularly. It is important to note that these shuttles are not allowed to service the following areas: Walt Disney World, International Drive, Universal Studios, Lake Buena Vista, Downtown Orlando, US 192 – US 27, and other locations within Osceola, Seminole, and Orange Counties.
• As the biggest car rental market in the world, Orlando can provide you with on-site and off-site rental arrangements (Orlando Tranportation to Port Canavera). On-airport car rental companies are: Avis, Alamo, Budget, Dollar, E-Z, L and M, and National. Car rental companies off-site include Advantage, Hertz, Enterprise, Payless and Thrifty among others. You must ensure that you are familiar with the area and that you are in possession of an updated road map.
• Vehicles for hire or limousine transportation (Jacksonville International Airport Transportation) are available; however, this service requires advanced booking. The chauffeur can take you to your pre-arranged destination in Greater Orlando and Central Florida. Most transportation companies (Port Canaveral Transportation) have fleet that consists of regular and stretch versions of limousines, Hummer, Ford Excursion, Lincoln Town Car, and Cadillac Escalade SUV. Since the vehicles are usually booked for private groups and can be pre-arranged to take you anywhere, this service is practical and comfortable for corporate or family excursions.
Take note that most of the public transportations (Orlando 1 Limo) are located in either A or B sides of the Orlando International Airport terminal of on the Ground Transportation Level. Prepare your itinerary well before your travel schedule to ensure a completely fantastic vacation.