Whether its appraising real estate or machinery and equipment, we are a leading provider of valuations focused to meet your needs. With many years of experience in the business, you can be assured that your valuation services will be provided by an experienced, knowledgeable professional. Contact Jimmy Bolding Appraisals today at (817) 707-6386.
A number of disgruntled homeowners have complained that the appraisal of their real estate properties in Forth Worth fell short of their expectations. Don’t let this happen to you.
If you plan to sell your house in the near (Tarrant County Property Appraisal) future, you must be primed to present it in the best manner possible by preparing right now. There are several ways for property owners to make sure that the appraiser’s valuation goes the way they want it to go…that is, having a good price tag on their house.
As in any situation, the initial impression is a lasting one. It is (Real Estate Appraisal Fort Worth) therefore imperative that you present the property in the best light possible by showing off its best assets right at the start
From the street, the appraiser’s first view of the house is always the façade. To make the frontage appealing, here are points to consider:
• Make sure that the façade is clean. Sometimes, cleaning (Wise Appraisal Services) the outside wall with soap and water is sufficient but if the actual color has faded then it’s time for a fresh coat of paint. Windows and doors must also have a welcoming look.
• The pathway should be clear of obstructions. Navigating a cluttered walkway will give the wrong initial impression that the house itself is disorganized.
• Landscaping the lawn can give another dimension to the façade and greenery makes any structure more pleasant to look at.
Once the appraiser has gone past the door, the entrance hall must give the visitor a homey atmosphere and the first impression should be of warmth, beauty and order. If your house has a porch or a foyer, it must be decorated in a pleasant manner. This gives the appraiser a first taste of things to come.
Inside the house, the following are some of the things to consider:
• Make repairs as early as possible. Postponing might even prove costlier as the damage might get worse in time. Never attempt to cover it up or make superficial repairs because a professional will surely discover it anyway.
• The cost of repainting is a small price to pay considering that it will add greatly to the value of your home. Make sure that the color you choose is something that is generally considered acceptable.
• Cleanliness is of utmost importance. Before showing off your house to anyone, make sure that all clutter is cleared and that only the essential accessories are left.
• The layout of your furniture should be done in such a way that the area looks spacious. A cramped space will have a negative effect on the appraiser’s final evaluation.
• Light fixtures should be in working condition. A dimly lit room might make the house look dingy and visually smaller than it really is.
• If windows are not sufficient for good ventilation, make sure that fans or air conditioners are on. When someone finds it hard to breathe, a person’s tendency is to rush things up and that might prove disastrous on your part.
Basements, attics and the roof itself are sometimes disregarded because they are not readily seen but these are important parts of the house and they add or subtract greatly to the value of any property depending on their condition.
While it is true that the sense of sight and touch are the main considerations in the appraisal, you should not disregard the other senses.
• Reduce or eliminate odors as early as possible. Any lingering unpleasant smells might turn off your visitor.
• Mildly scented candles will help create a pleasurable experience. The smell of fresh apples, brewed coffee, or baked cookies also help make the surroundings cozy and welcoming. Making the appraiser’s experience enjoyable will certainly affect the process positively.
• Mood music will enhance the general vibe of the property but knowing which kind of songs to play is vital. Rock and roll or pop music is good but might be contradictory to the character of the house. It is widely believed that soft classical music makes the mood light and friendly.
• Avoid loud noises.
Whatever you do, never get in the way of the appraiser. Keeping a safe distance during the process while making your self available for any question is the best thing to do. The appraisal of your Fort Worth real estate can be a positive and rewarding procedure if you prepare for it well in advance and if you show off your property in the best possible light.