Do you feel like you’re constantly sad and tired? Do you ever wonder why your workers don’t seem to be genuinely enjoying their work? There are a slew of reasons why people feel the way they do but recent studies have shown that one of the factors affecting people’s moods and general disposition may have something to do with the quality of light (Omaha Electrician) they receive. It should not be a wonder then that people are attracted to well-lit areas like parks, public offices and shopping malls.Yes, it may seem too trivial but this only proves that light quality shouldn’t be taken for granted after all. Give your friendly electrician in Bellevue (Bellevue Electrician) a ring and ask them about what we’re saying here.
What are the benefits of good lighting?
Aside from the visual benefits of allowing us to see things clearly by helping our eyes focus better thus helping maintain our good vision and avoiding future eye problems, good lighting also have other benefits:
GOOD LIGHTING …
* encourages good mood, contributing to people’s sense of well-being
* helps improve energy efficiency and reduce lighting expenses
* adds character to a space
* increases alertness
* stimulates workers to increase productivity
* makes particular areas more desirable and attractive
In relation to business, well-designed lighting has the following benefits:
* leads customers to important displays and products
* highlights important areas of the space
Here are some helpful hints when using lights (Omaha Wiring) at home and at work:
* Direct the light onto a specific area where it is needed. When working on a small area, use small swivel lamps to direct light more.
* Position lamps and other light sources near frequently used appliances and work areas.
* Use extra lighting in stairs and hallways where movement may be more difficult
* Lighting access and switches should be placed where they can easily be located
* Use energy-saving bulbs
Now you know how good lighting (Council Bluffs Lighting) affects peoples’ general disposition and even productivity, you know its benefits and how to achieve good lighting. The next question is, what are the different types of lighting? Which kinds are important for your home or your business?
Aesthetically, good lighting plays a vital role in a home or building’s interior design (Bellevue Wiring). It contributes a great deal to the overall look and feel of a room. There are many kinds of lighting sources that serve more than aesthetic purposes:
Ambient lighting (Omaha Electric Service) is a hidden source of light that fills any room with a glow. This reduces shadows and a good sample of this kind of light are Japanese paper lanterns and wall sconces.
Accent lighting provides highlights and focus to architectural features or any other focal points of a room.
Task lighting serves more practical purposes in directing light to areas where daily activities like reading, sewing and cooking take place.
Aesthetic lighting are purely decorative and usually doesn’t work alone. Choosing the kind of light to use depends on what you want to achieve, how you want a certain room to look and feel and what purpose do the lights serve.
Lighting plays both functional and aesthetic roles. When you are in search for lighting solutions for your home or business, consider only the leaders in the lighting industry. In Bellevue (Green Meadows Electrician), professional electricians can give you illumination beyond your needs at affordable prices. Call them now and bring a whole new definition to your space!