If you’re a resident of Omaha, Nebraska, you know ( Omaha Landscaping ) better than anyone else that to care for your lawn in any turn of season is of utmost importance. Keeping the grass cut, the bushes trimmed, the landscape intact, and the vines well-kept are just some of the many things we have to do in keeping your lawn spic and span.
Let us admit it that not everyone knows how to keep their own yards in order every day. But that doesn’t have to be so. Aside from watering your plants and trimming the grass and bushes, here are a few other important tasks and helpful tips that you have to keep in mind to maintain a beautiful and healthy lawn…
• SET UP A WATERING SYSTEM. It’s not every ( Omaha Lawn Care ) day that we can afford to indulge ourselves into tending to our gardens. And so, it will be very helpful if we can install a sprinkler system that functions in just a push of a button. It’s easy, fast, and efficient.
• DETHATCH. We all know that we can’t control the changing seasons. But the least we can do is to help our lawns cope up with that change by freeing it from the buildup of fallen leaves, grass clippings, and other stuff that accumulates between the top growth and the soil.
• AERATE. Letting your soil receive the optimal amount of air, water and other nutrients is of utmost importance and the best way to aerate it is by using mechanical core or plug aerators. This is often offered by most gardening services company. Also, aerating your garden allows growth of helpful soil microorganisms that control the growth of grubs.
• WEEDING. Weeds rob your plants of the nutrients it should be getting and so getting rid of it is wise idea. A good way of removing weeds around your plant is to wet the soil probably a day before you take out the weeds. It makes pulling the whole weed with its roots from the soil easier. Remember, discard the pulled-off weed in the garbage and not just anywhere in your lawn.
• FERTILIZE YOUR PLANTS. Fertilizing your plant supplements it with nutrients that the plant might not be getting from the soil where it placed. Of course, it’s hard to check if the soil is deficient with this and that nutrient. And so, to bridge this gap, fertilizers are utilized. As to what kind of fertilizer you have to use, it is usually upon the person’s discretion and of course the kind of plant you’re going to use it for.
• PROTECT YOUR PLANTS. Most plants attract a number of animals that feed on it. Being the gardener yourself, of course you wouldn’t want your beautiful lawn to be destroyed by pests and other animals. One solution to this problem is by outing hedges around potential plants that might attract animals to itself and your lawn. As for pests, pesticides and insecticides that are plant-friendly are widely distributed in most gardening stores.
These are just some of the vital things you need to do to keep your Omaha lawns pest-free, well-kept, and beautiful.